Gina M. Clemow
Gina M. Clemow is an Associate Attorney at Hiepler & Hiepler and a lifetime resident of Ventura County. Ms. Clemow attended the University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB) on a four year Chancellor's Academic Scholarship and earned a place on the Dean's List. While attending UCSB she volunteered as a legal aide at the Santa Barbara Domestic Violence Clinic and was an active member of the Pre-Law Society. She also attended the University of California at San Diego (UCSD) during her third year of college, where she also earned a place on the Deans' List. She graduated with Honors in 1997 from UCSB with a double major in Psychology and Law & Society.
After graduating, she enrolled at Pepperdine University School of Law where in May 2001 she obtained her J.D. and her Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate from the Strauss Institute at Pepperdine University School of Law. She received an honors grade in Constitutional Law and placed in the top 1/3 of her law school class. She became a member of the Public Interest Society and American Trial Lawyers Association. She was also a recipient of the Summer 1999 Public Interest Scholarship. She was admitted to the California State Bar in December of 2001.
As a result of her academic achievements at Pepperdine University, she was asked to be a participant in the Phi Delta Phi Academic Fraternity. While attending law school, she interned for the Ventura County Superior Court Self Help Center and ultimately served as a law clerk with Hiepler & Hiepler.
She became an associate attorney for Hiepler & Hiepler in December 2001. Since that time Ms. Clemow has specialized in wrongful death, catastrophic injury and insurance bad faith matters. She has helped litigate, served as co-trial counsel and settled numerous seven figure cases, including but not limited to, a $5 million bad faith insurance practice and coverage denial/ wrongful death case, a $2.8 million tractor trailer wrongful death case and a $1.1 million catastrophic personal injury case.
Ms. Clemow is admitted to practice before all California Federal District Courts and the Ninth Circuit. She is a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association and the Ventura County Bar Association.
Ms. Clemow was born in Ventura, California and currently resides there with her husband, Eric and their two sons, Liam and Luke.
Areas of Practice
- Animal Bites -- Plaintiff
- Bad Faith
- Elder Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Nursing Home
- Premises Liability -- Plaintiff
- Slip and Fall -- Plaintiff
- Whistleblower -- Employee
- Wrongful Death -- Plaintiff
- Wrongful Termination -- Employee
- Catastrophic Injury
- Insurance Bad Faith Matters
- California, 2001
- U.S. District Court, 2001
- Federal District Court Arbitrator
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 2001
- Major: Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
- B.A. - 1997
- Honors: Four Year Chancellor's Scholarship
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Psychology
- Major: Law & Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Public Interest Society, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Ventura County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Ventura Superior Court, Legal Assistant, 1999 - 2000
- Santa Barbara Domestic Violence Clinic, Legal Assistant, 1996