In motor vehicle collisions and other personal injury accidents, spinal injuries and brain trauma can lead to various degrees of paralysis. Paralysis is among the most tragic consequences of accidents, as it can devastate victims' quality of life for as long as they live.
Paraplegia or Quadriplegia Injury In California?
At Hiepler & Hiepler, we are here to help you. We represent clients who have suffered paraplegia and quadriplegia injuries in Ventura, Los Angeles, throughout the state of California and beyond. Attorneys from our firm share our commitment to helping our injured clients with all aspects of their claims. We help them obtain medical analysis and treatment, we fight for our clients' compensation in the courtroom and at the negotiating table, and we even help our clients get the insurance coverage they need.
Paraplegia & Quadriplegia Injury Claims
As an experienced, well-established law firm, we have the resources to fund our clients' cases, even when they involve complex, protracted litigation. We take personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis, so you will not have to pay attorney fees unless and until we obtain a successful judgment or settlement.
- Paraplegia: Paraplegia occurs when only the lower half of the body is paralyzed. The arms, hands and face muscles will usually work normally, but most of the muscles below the waist cannot function properly.
- Quadriplegia: Quadriplegia involves paralysis to both the upper half and lower half of the body.
- Varying degrees of paralysis: Paraplegia and quadriplegia occur most frequently when the nerves in the spinal cord are compressed, disabling the sending and receiving of signals between the brain and body parts. In some cases, the compression of the spinal cord nerves is incomplete, leaving some feeling and functioning in the affected body areas. Complete spinal cord injuries render the affected areas completely disabled, without any feeling or control.
Some of the effects of paraplegia and quadriplegia can include feeling loss, loss of bowel and bladder control, muscle spasms, pain and the complete inability to move the affected muscles.
The Importance Of Medical Analysis And Care
Whether you are completely paralyzed or suffering from a partial disability as a result of a spinal injury or brain injury, it is absolutely essential to obtain comprehensive analysis from a competent medical professional.
At Hiepler & Hiepler, we work with a network of professionals, including life-care experts, and we help make sure our clients obtain complete analyses of their medical conditions. A complete medical analysis must include the long-term medical needs that will develop over the years. This type of analysis can help you understand what your ongoing needs will be, and it will help us illustrate the long-term costs of your injury to the jury, to increase the compensation you could receive.
Contact Paraplegia And Quadriplegia Injury Lawyers In Ventura County
To schedule a free initial consultation about paraplegia and quadriplegia injury accidents and the corresponding litigation involved, call 800-585-1101 or contact us online.
The Paraplegia And Quadriplegia attorneys at Hiepler and Hiepler represent clients throughout California including cities such as:
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- San Jose
- San Francisco
- And More
Verdicts & Settlements
- $5.9 Million - Truck Accident - Quadriplegic Injury - Riverside Superior Court
- $2.8 Million - Catastrophic Injury - Partial Paraplegia - Truck Accident - Santa Barbara Superior Court