Gina M. Clemow
GINA CLEMOW'S practice focuses on catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death and insurance bad faith. She has represented clients throughout the State of California and has received multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in serious injury and insurance denial cases. Her efforts on behalf of two of the firm's spinal cord injury clients totaled $29.8 million. She was instrumental in obtaining one of the firm's largest settlements; a $23.9 million settlement for a young client from Los Angeles who suffered a life altering injury-quadriplegia.
She has helped litigate, served as co-trial and co-arbitration counsel and settled numerous seven figure cases, including but not limited to, a $5 million bad faith insurance practice and coverage denial/wrongful death case, a $2.8 million tractor trailer wrongful death case and a $1.1 million catastrophic personal injury case.
Ms. Clemow attended the University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB) on a four year Chancellor's Academic Scholarship. She graduated cum laude and received a B.A. degree with a double major in Psychology and Law & Society.
She received her J.D. from Pepperdine University School of Law and an Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate from the Strauss Institute. While attending Pepperdine, she was a recipient of the Summer 1999 Public Interest Scholarship. As a result of her academic achievements at Pepperdine University, she was asked to be a participant in the Phi Delta Phi Academic Fraternity. She is a member of the Public Interest Society and American Trial Lawyers Association. She was admitted to the California State Bar in December of 2001.
She joined the firm of Hiepler & Hiepler in December 2001. Ms. Clemow is admitted to practice before all California Federal District Courts and the Ninth Circuit. She is actively involved in the philanthropic group 100 Women Who Care About Our County.
Gina and husband Eric have two young children, Luke and Liam.
Areas Of Practice
- Animal Bites -- Plaintiff
- Bad Faith
- Elder Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Nursing Home
- Premises Liability -- Plaintiff
- Slip and Fall -- Plaintiff
- Whistleblower -- Employee
- Wrongful Death -- Plaintiff
- Wrongful Termination -- Employee
- Catastrophic Injury
- Insurance Bad Faith Matters
- California, 2001
- U.S. District Court, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Federal District Court Arbitrator
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 2001
- Major: Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- University of California, Santa Barbara, CA
- B.A. - 1997
- Honors: Four Year Chancellor's Scholarship
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Psychology
- Major: Law & Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Public Interest Society, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Ventura County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Ventura Superior Court, Legal Assistant, 1999 to 2000
- Santa Barbara Domestic Violence Clinic, Legal Assistant, 1996 to 1996