Pushing Back Against An HMO Claim Denial
Health maintenance organizations (HMOs) were created to drive down the cost of health care by managing the services delivered to patients. Unfortunately, in the push to reduce costs, HMOs often deny medically necessary treatments, even in urgent life-or-death situations.
If your HMO has denied your claim, you may need legal help to get the results you deserve. At the law firm of Hiepler & Hiepler, our HMO claim denial attorneys have built a national reputation as advocates for patients who have been denied much-needed treatments.
Our Verdicts And Settlements
- $89.3 Million — Bad faith insurance practices — Riverside Superior Court
- $5 Million — Wrongful death — Bad faith insurance practices and coverage denial — Oakland Superior Court
- $3.5 Million — Bad faith denial of health insurance — Los Angeles Superior Court
- $3.2 Million — Bad faith insurance practices and coverage denial — San Diego Superior Court
- $2 Million — Life insurance payment denial, delay — Los Angeles Superior Court
- $1.1 Million — Bad faith health insurance denial — San Diego Superior Court
Legal Advocates Who Have Made It Their Mission To Take On The HMOs
Since first taking on the HMO industry more than 25 years ago, our firm has played a leading role in HMO claim denial litigation. We have obtained record-setting verdicts in this area, but we have also helped thousands of clients get their claims approved without going to court.
We firmly believe that Wall Street executives should never be allowed to step between patients and their doctors and deny medically necessary treatments to protect their profits.
Much of our work involves educating patients on steps they can take to advocate for their interests before getting a lawyer involved in their cases. Along these lines, attorney Mark Hiepler has prepared several videos to provide the public with tips on how to deal with HMOs.
If you are not able to convince your HMO to cover your treatment on your own, or if you are facing an emergency situation, our experienced trial lawyers can pursue a legal claim on your behalf and take other steps to seek approval for the medical treatment you need.
Call Our Experienced Attorneys
If your HMO claim or any other type of health insurance claim has been denied, you can rely on Hiepler & Hiepler for committed representation backed by experience and a strong reputation. To arrange a free consultation, please contact us at 866-531-3532 or by email. From our office in Oxnard, we help clients throughout California.